Sunday, October 31, 2010

Outback Chicken Recipes - Is it Really the Best Chicken?

Chicken, it seems, is so easy to make a meal out of. I'm always on the lookout for new chicken recipes or jotting down restaurants where the chicken dish has been so very good. Surprisingly, one of my favorite places to go for a good chicken dinner is Outback Steakhouse.

Perhaps somewhat misleading with its name, Outback does indeed serve foods other than steak. I love the chicken dishes from this Steakhouse. I thought maybe I can make these dishes myself, rather than dragging my family out to dinner, where we will inevitably wait for an hour, and then spend the meal coaxing my son to eat something other than bread, and to stop throwing his rejected pile of food on the floor. Although, amazingly, Outback's chicken was something that stood up to even my 1 and 1/2 year old's superior palate. Dining out with small children is not always the 'family fun' experience people make it out to be.

I figured making these chicken dishes myself might spare me the ensuing headache, as my son already has a pile of discarded food under our dining room table, which can conveniently be sucked up with the vacuum that is kept within reach for that very purpose.

Trying to find the recipes was harder than I thought. Many recipes I found claimed to be the original. At last, I decided the best way to solve this dilemma was to make several of the dishes and find out once and for all which recipe was the indeed the original.

Alas, after many nights in the kitchen, after vacuuming reject half-eaten bites of chicken from the floor I realized I wasted copious amounts of time and the paper-thin patience of small child on sham Outback chicken recipes.

Ingredients

* 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 " thick
* honey mustard
* 6 slices bacon, sliced in half
* 1/2 teaspoon McCormick's Season All
* 1 cup sliced mushrooms, drained
* 3 cups shredded colby or monterey jack cheese

Directions

1. Rub chicken breast with Seasonal All and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
2. While the breast is marinating fry bacon crisp and drain.
3. Sauté chicken breasts on medium heat in pan with just enough oil to prevent sticking.
4. Cook on both sides until a slight golden color and cooked in the middle but not dry.
5. Remove from pan and place in a 9 x 13 dish.
6. Spread chicken breast with honey mustard, cover with a layer of mushrooms, three pieces of bacon and then sprinkle with shredded Colby/jack cheese, chicken should be covered with shredded cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees about 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
8. Sprinkle with parsley and extra honey mustard may be served on the side.




How would you like to recreate the most famous popular recipes at home? This famous cookbook exposes all of the most famous and most delicious secret recipes on the planet including restaurants such as the Outback Steakhouse. Don't waste your time like I did!

Click here to check it out.

My Links : anolon professional 12 piece nonstick cookware set simply calphalon nonstick 10 piece set anolon advanced bronze 10 piece cookware set

No comments:

Post a Comment