Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fruit Cocktail Dessert and Oven Fried Chicken

Oven Fried Chicken:

1 stick of butter, or margarine
1 egg slightly beaten
2 Tablespoons of water
2 and 1/2 to 3 pounds of frying chicken cut up
1 4 cup grated parmesan cheese ( optional )
1 and 1/4 cups of potato flakes
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder ( optional )
1 teaspoon of onion salt, ( optional )
1/2 teaspoon of paprika, ( optional )
1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper to taste.

Melt butter in a shallow 9 x 13 baking pan. In separate bowl, combine egg and water, set aside
Mix potato flakes, seasonings, and cheese together. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture; roll in potato flakes
cheese mixture. Place skin side down in melted butter, turn, and bake skin side up at 400 degrees
for 40 to 60 minutes.

This recipe was given to me by my cousin, Charlotte Dunham. Its so easy and yummy.
Thank you Charlotte.

Fruit Cocktail Dessert:

2 medium size cans of fruit cocktail

1 to 2 cups shredded coconut

1 medium container of frozen whipped topping ( thawed )

( optional ) 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/2 cup of raisins

In medium size bowl, place drained fruit cocktail, add shredded coconut, nuts and raisins stir.
Add thawed whipped topping, stir. Cover and chill before serving.
Cover and refrigerate any remaining dessert.

This recipe was given to me by my grandmother, Ora May Rozzel, when I was a very young mother.
My children always loved it when they were little. Thank you so much Grandma, I miss you.




'Granny' Marilyn Lee

I recently decided to start sharing some of the recipes I've gained over the years, as I believe that food is love, and what better way to share love with the world than recipes!

[http://www.grannysfixins.com]

My Links : kitchenaid gourmet essentials 2 quart tea kettle

No comments:

Post a Comment